Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

All About Cartoon Characters

Got a challenge from JieJie to write this...
Challenge accepted but not sure what is the main content
to write though but here it is.

As a young kid, we watch them and usually don't understand a single thing what's happening on screen, and it sometimes just is plain funny (Even if its supposed to be sad, as a kid, it will still be funny).but as you grow older, you begin to catch the story, the illogical ideas or the sometimes the "subtle messages" that we didn't get as a kid. As an adult, we sometimes see how these characters look a lot like us, and sometimes too much like reality. It really could relate sometimes. 

The first thing to wonder:- Is it about the characters of cartoon or the characters of a cartoon?
Or say, the cartoon characters are all about, where the sentence being rephrased as "All About, Cartoon Characters." To explain the character of a cartoon is fairly simple, a film / clip which is a 2d hand-drawn with significant exaggerated expression and body language which is usually funny. 3d based films are no longer considered cartoons but are animations. Meanwhile, the characters of cartoons? Even more simple, some of the more popular characters includes (and my personal comments):- 

Spongebob Squarepants
Really a yellow sponge underwater, which 
can still water plants underwater? 

Bugs Bunny
The rabbit who's sole job is to terrorize others and
maybe has visited the doctor too often. 

Doraemon
A blue robot cat? (Does he come in other colours?) I mean, blue?
Why can't he be yellow like Dorami? Looks weird as below, irradiations?

Donald Duck
A duck that doesn't wear any pants.
Although this, this is one of the characters which I still like until now

Goofy and Pluto
Wonder if Pluto is the mentally challenged equivalent in the cartoons.
Compared to the other animals, he's the only one considered to be a pet.

Transformers (Jie, you asked me and I had to include it)
These guys are the craze in the 80s. I didn't understand the story back then
and all I could remember was:- "Autobots, let's roll!"

Chilly Willy
I only saw him once but the impression was huge.
A penguin with a big appetite.

Ah..those were the days. But generally, these 2d cartoon characters trumps over their 3d counterparts due to the fluidity of the animation made. 3d cartoons does seem nice, but it is for one thing, too real. I might as well watch a costume show or movie if I ever wanted it to be realistic. Excuse me while I go find some downloads to satisfy the kid in me..

No comments: