Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

On9Ads.com - 16th May

I really feel like tearing the computer apart moments ago. this is really frustrating, but I've finally managed to get it working after a lots and lots of hardwork and research and countless trial and errors. I've finally managed to get the login function running. The issue was the connection to the remoter MySQL database.

So, the problem is that it was not possible to connect directly to the MySQL server remotely. I was only able to get it working by creating a database with mySQL and making connections with assumption that I'm in the web hosting server, therefore, the local info would have to be changed, where the http address is: http://yourdomainname.com (without the www). Then also, the MySQL Connection (under Database), must be as following:-

Connection Name: [ Any ]
MySQL server: localhost
User name: (cpanel login name)_(database user name)
Password: (database password)
Database: (cpanel login name)_(database name)

Where substitution is done accordingly, without the "(" and ")".
I've tried uploading it and test registration. It really works! I wonder how about retrieving data from database? Will it work? have to try and see. Anyways, again I ask, email me if anyone needs help with this at: siong_hean@hotmail.com.

Oh, and go to http://www.on9ads.com/register.php and try registering!
I will list the names of people who registered, in this blog when it reaches 5 people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great read! I want you to follow up to this topic..