Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Genting Issue - 28th May

Argh...Yesterday night, I've tried to book rooms at Genting using my PB Visa Electron, everything went smoothly until the last part where there was an server error / database error of some sort. Eventually, the booking was not successful, but the thing is:- PB is still charging me! What? I mean, the booking was unsuccessful, but why does PB still charges me through my card?

I've tried emailing Genting and Public Bank. But, so far, they did not reply, not even a single whiff of response from them. Wonder how are they going to settle this issue? Its not cheap! RM118.80...I need some answers!

Update at 28/5 (1.40pm):
Called up the World Reservations Center, and the agent said that the charges will be nullified and considered void at the end of the month. Tried using the telephone booking but still must use credit card. tried to book again and still got error with my card. Wonder what is wrong? Checked online and some people managed to used the PB Visa Electron to book? Wonder what is happening?

Update at 28/5 (8.17pm):
Received, not only one but 2 emails from Genting:-

Quoted ->
" Kindly be informed that after investigating further, our system shows your online transaction (with ref transaction no. 01240226) failed. However, the amount for the transaction was captured by our payment system. As such, please be advised that should you wish, we will re-process your transaction and manually confirm your booking. This will take approximately 4-5 days, after which the confirmation letter will be emailed to you. Alternately, we will void the payment and reverse the charge back to your credit card. Any inconvenience is truly much regretted.

Do revert to us ASAP with your decision so that we can proceed accordingly. Rest assured, we will indeed guarantee your booking (with reservation ref # 01240226) if you wish it once we receive confirmation from you.

Should you have additional inquiries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
"

Hmmm..at least they know how to treat their customers nice. Replied them with the confirmation of a manual reservation. I will call them again tomorrow morning to re-confirm.

Update at 29/5 (9.43am):
I've tried calling the number which gave me a miscall. Its linked to the Reservation Center. What? Again I'm dumbfounded. Why would reservations call me? Shouldn't it be the Web department or something? This is making me more confused than ever.

Update at 29/5 (9.54am):
I finally got to speak with Martin, the agent responsible for this transaction. He said that the email was received and the manual reservation will be automatically done and may take 4-5 working days to get the confirmation email. Well, can't do much at this point besides to wait and see. Martin was very assuring, he probably understands the the issue very well and the urgency need to get a confirmation. It's RM118, why shouldn't I be nervous?

Update at 02/6 (9.06am) :
Finally! Thank God they are doing things right. Bless Genting to have so much business. Received booking confirmation from the Genting yesterday. So, you can say that they are very reliable and the officers are very helpful. For anyone having the same problems, you leave a comment and I would gladly help you sort this out. Email me also at: siong_hean@hotmail.com

4 comments:

techno said...

hey, i got the same issue just now. i googled and found your blog.

my card is also charged and i got error message on the site and did not get any email.

can you tell me how did you email the genting guys? what email add you used. i saved the transaction id before submit. will that me of any use.

i hope your transaction is sorted out.

Ultima said...

You can email to this-

egwc@genting.com

State your issue there and they will reply you within 48 hours. Tell them that your have credit card problems and. what you have booked, check in time and booking date etc.

You can also go to:-
http://www.genting.com.my/en/contact_us/faq/faq.htm

Go to "Email Us" -> "Email WorldReservations Centre" and put your complaints there.

oh,and my issue settled already.

techno said...

thank you for your response,

i did email them and they told me that my transactions will not be claimed will eventually be reversed by credit card issuer.

they asked my card number and booked a room at the same rate and sent me the reservation details.

according to them, their online system is having a technical issue and they are not recommending the payment through the site for some time.

Ultima said...

Oh, that's great! Hope it will work out for you! Should you need anymore assistance, you can email me. Enjoy yourself at Genting ya!