Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Leaving comments on Blogspot - 8th Sept

After using Blogspot for a while, I found that the comments link for the posts are uninviting and it does not promote itself for readers to make comments. Therefore, I've revamped the comment link and hopefully this would attract more people to respond to the posts in the blog. And it is here also I would like to make a small tutorial on:-

The step-by-step guide on posting a comment in Blogspot.
(This would be based on my blog.)

1. Click on the comments link.
In my blog, it would look like the image below, but in some blogs, it is just a measly "0 Comments" wording which has the same color, font, size and etc. as the post author name. This is generally not noticeable and for novices, this is definitely not user-friendly. I've changed mine from "0 Comments" to the one below which is bigger and more noticeable by editing the HTML code of my layout.



2. Choose your identity.
After you've clicked the link [ Word: "Comment this post (0)" ], you will see a window pop-out like the one in the image below. Here, you can choose your identity from either (1) Google Account (2) Name / URL and (3) Anonymous. Just choose either one that you prefer. For the sake of simplicity, the security or "Captcha" code has been removed. If you choose (1) - you would have to login your Google Account while if you choose (2) - you would have to enter either your name or just URL Address which you would like to be linked to. Option (3) would identify you as an anonymous respondent.



3. Type comments and click Submit
After choosing your identity, you can then type in your comments and all is left now is to click sumbit to post the comments to the blog. This would enable me to either help you out anyway I can or I would respond to you.

Well, that is all! Hope you found this post useful.
Remember to donate by clicking any of the Google Ads on the sidebar or below the blog! I appreciate all forms of donations!

No comments: