Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Old Readers Digest (1969-8 and 1963-2) - 24th Sept


Recently, I went out to eat and passed by a shop selling books. I thought I might as well drop-in and see what do they have for sale since I don't really have much to do as it is a holiday. I was snooping around and suddenly my eye caught sight of the word "Reader's" on a shelf but strangely, it is not as colorful as it should have been. When I picked it up and scrutinized it, then I realized that it is an old / classic version of Readers Digest and it is only priced RM2.00, which lead me to buy it instantly. There was an August 1969 and February 1963 edition of both books, with extensive magazine spine damage. Well, although the damage is quite horrible, the articles inside did not lose its readability. After reading both issues for some time, I realise that the WTC towers were still under construction and the press still has a lot of questions on the space race. This sure is a piece of history here I have bought there I think. I'm sure someone would say: Another man's trash is another man's treasure. I wonder if the books I have is of any worth to anyone?

No comments: