Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Angels and Demons - 23rd May

I've watched the movie; 'Angels and Demons' today with Yuan and my brother. Directed by the director of 'Da Vinci Code', its basically about relationship between science and religion. Overall, I would say that the movie is quite interesting but not as interesting as the 'Da Vinci Code' due to the lack of mystery, puzzle solving and 'Why didnt I think of that?' kind of feeling. Tom Hanks as the main character still made Prof.Langdon look real smart as a symbolist. But anyways, the movie really got me thinking. as said in the movie:

"Science and religion do not conflict, instead, science is a tool to understand God's design of the world".

It is a topic that I've thought about a few years back already but I did not ask the opinion of experts on this. And I've yet to find a good answer. I do agree that there are things that science is unable to explain about, especially on things that do not reveal any form of material / real / convincing evidence. Maybe it is science that is too young to understand God. Yet, if science and religion is conflicting, why did God let us have the forbidden knowledge and let His children question his authority? There definitely a reason as to why did He do that I'm sure. Perhaps to teach His children to create a world as he desires and yet do not have to look after all the time? What are the answers? Only God knows...

No comments: