Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

On9Ads.com - 14th May

I've progressed a tremendous amount in my website layout at the moment. I've almost completed all the arrangement, leaving only the main content arrangement. When I tried CSS, a simple header and logo took me hours to figure out the "float" function and yet still couldn't get it to look right. The same area took me only 10 minutes to set it up, starting from scratch and being a newbie...image that...that's a lot difference...So, for anyone who says that tables are for tabular data, I would say CSS is for text, that's the original purpose and it won't look right for a website layout. Coupled together with a 'headache' browser compatibility issue...I would say CSS wasted a couple of hours of my life learning where I can do more with the conventional tables. Furthermore, if tables were 'dumb' and should be used for tabular data, I wonder where the Internet started? From CSS?

No comments: