Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

His Final Decision - 25th March

Recently, my friend posted a blog about his resignation from his current working job and pursue what he likes doing...it was not a bad move really...pursuing what you actually liked to do. And then he was saying about how he's getting better offers after his resignation. In my opinion, in one way, he should leave as the company only gave him offers only after he decided to leave, and even if he doesn't leave, the company may and may not further the same offers to him. And he said that his decision is final and final is final, nothing can change that. I do respect him for being steadfast on his decision.

Yes, indeed I would ask too, "Why would you quit from your high-paying job?". Its a stable income, even in these economic crisis times, your still not retrenched and such. Many of those from my class would gladly stay if they were in the same position as my friend...but I guess they're not him....In fact, I would too. Yeah, he doesn't want a "simple" life.....but I do...I don't aim for too much...to be rich and gain lots of money....just that I have savings to last me through a comfortable old age and there's money whenever I need to put into my pocket will do...there's no such thing as "That is the amount of money I want to earn...."

Before you even reach the target, your mindset begins to change and aim for higher...and there's never an end to that. Seldom have I seen rich people using "truthful" tactics to gain money / profit....even Bill Gates has his tactics...even the Boss of Genting is gaining profits from a "People Harming Way". But I guess, when people have a significant financial upper hand on the rest of the crowd, they tend to think differently, in a more "I don't care way, It's my Way". So, in the end, there is never enough money and a target with a good cause suddenly becomes a greed for more money and this greed may never stop at anything. No one can say that they can control the feeling, after all, we're all humans...we all sin....

And dragging God into decisions you've made in life is no way to reinforce the decision. Imagine if that someone decides to murder somebody and he's saying that "I need to kill that person for your sake, to purify him / her of sins...So, God spare me of any punishments and may all be Godspeed". Did God chose for you to make that decision? No. It is the human mind that is playing God and reassuring himself that there is someone out there to correct your mistakes on the way. Its like there is a "Plan B" going on that will guide you through decisions...The concept that God will follow through all your decisions just isn't right....

After all the long-winded talk, I think in the end...It's His Life and Not Mine...there's suddenly no point of making any sense out of his decision for my own understanding. In certain things, we probably of different wavelengths.

No comments: