Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Another Powerball Lottery Scam - 7th Dec



I wonder if the scammers out there have anymore imagination? Previously, I made a posting on the Powerball International scam (1) HERE and I was wondering if they have moved sites as the previous site was offline now. Anyways, again I've received another one through my email today with the following content:-


======================================================================


POWER BALL ONLINE INT’L JACKPOT/ LOTTERY ASSOCIATION
ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL OFFICE
 
Dear Sir/Ma,
 
We are Pleased to inform you that your email was 
selected among the winning numbers of the recently Lotto conducted from 
the Lotto Website and we shall be glad if you can claim your prize, 
please respond to this mail within 72 hours otherwise we will 
assume that you are not interested.
 
We conduct the Lotto using Lotto as part of our tax 
relief program set up by the International Lottery Board and America Government, 
on this note we congratulate you and wish you best of luck as you claim 
the prize attached to this Lotto.
 
For more details visit:
http://powerballonlinejackpot.web.officelive.com/default.aspx 
 
THAILAND CONTACT PERSON:  MR.KANE  LEE.
(Winner’s directorate office)
TEL: + (66) 874-936-872
Office Fax: + (66) 273-452-16
LOTTERY CO-ORDINATOR.
 
Coordinator Power ball Jackpot Lottery
Regd No: 79472002
 
====================================================================

Well, lets see, any reader out there, try visiting the site and tell me if your ticket number is 
the same and your number is the same? I'm sure you will see the exact same number and exact
same ticket ID as me. Even in another email to another person who I don't even have any ties
with have the same numbers, as seen HERE

This really shows how much "creative" and how much reduced intelligence that these scammers have
in thinking of scams to place on others, and above all, I'm a skeptic in things that I did not join. Furthermore,
there are actually incoherency in the information provided:-
 
1> Powerball is only held exclusively in America (No Asia Pacific Powerball Associations)
Refer to the MUSL site: HERE 
2> The ticket you bought is only for you and has a unique serial number and is not repeated.
3> I've already bought the ticket, wouldn't they already have my details? Why provide again?
4> Shouldn't I have gotten a call from Powerball themselves saying that I've won?
5> Shouldn't they have a sort of a ceremony seeing that I've won? Others are having a 
blast in parties and ceremonies, as the pictures depict?

Strange but none of it has got to me. 
Powerball International Lottery: FAIL


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Author siongs-life.blogspot.com !
In my opinion you commit an error.

Ultima said...

Error? Tell me exactly what error did I commit and if you found a indisputable proof, I would gladly make corrections. This article is written based on research, not based on random ramblings....

If not, I stand by my verdict that the email is just a big scam. The original Powerball itself is not scam, but if it's outside America, it sure is a scam.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Ultima said...

Thank you and as always I'll try as much as possible to improve on future articles!