Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kenny Roger's - RED day 14th January

Well, it is the first post for the year 2010, and therefore, I would first wish all readers a very very happy new year! Yesterday it was (R)oger's (E)ating (D)ay or RED at Kenny Roger's restaurant where they were having a promotion. I guess quite a number of people saw that promotion advertisement and when we were there at the restaurant there already quite a number of people making a line at the restaurant in 1Utama.

Here's the promotion advertisment:-


Frankly, I've never eaten Kenny Roger's before this and I thought that I might give it a try since they're having this promotion where if you wear anything red, you'll be able to get another quarter meal for free if you order a quarter meal (which is worth RM15.90). Price was a factor before this but with this I don't see the harm trying as I went with my brother, one person has to only fork out approximately RM 9 with the service tax and all added up. Besides the chicken, you can choose 3 side dishes from a number of variety.

Here's the meal itself:-

Black Pepper chicken with corn, aromatic rice and fruit salad


 Black Pepper chicken with potato salad, mash potatoes, and macaroni with cheese

Overall, I would say that the chicken is quite tender, the side dishes are tasty while the service is considerably quite friendly. My only complaint is that none of the food are hot or at least warm and the sauce is rather too little to fully enjoy the whole chicken with it. Furthermore, it was supposedly black pepper sauce but the black pepper taste just wasn't there. Although, if they do have this promotion again, I would definitely go back there.

No comments: