Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day - 13th Feb

Valentines's Day, a day supposedly to love all things, which includes for family and friends and whoever or whatever that you actually care about. A day to show your love for them as St.Valentine is supposedly the deity of love and care. But living in a world of commercialization and media dominance, how can one not associate it with the lovey-dovey feeling associated with lovers and coupling relationship between a male and female (or some other variation which I wouldn't mention here.) ? Indeed, I've got the same bug too.

Well, in fact, it's actually tomorrow but coincidently, this year, Valentine's Day falls in the exact sane day as the first day of Chinese New Year, so, tomorrow has been reserved for anything CNY. MSN once asked in a poll: "Were you secretly glad that this year Valentine's Day falls on CNY?"...Well, truthfully, I answered: Yes, I am.....at least I didn't have to call every other friend and listening to their plans on how they're gonna spend it with their other or how there's a couples' discount in this restaurant or that....

And yes, you would've already guess that I don't have someone to share Valentine's Day...yet. (Many people, my relatives actually, have already been enquiring about it but I've always tried avoidng answering them...) I know some people who knows me would say: "You're really sad case". The thing is, I don't care. Even if I've to live my whole life alone and miserable, until I've found a perfect one, there won't be one and that's final. No More Questions....Some of my friends and closest relatives, with some even younger than I am, have either been married or in a great relationship with another significant other...which somehow makes it feels even worse for myself...

Maybe one day, I might find someone to share this with (I know that I've said this last year too).....
Life is full about maybe's. Well, I'm gonna go think about tomorrow's Chinese New Years Day....
The Road remains traveled alone...

Oh, to whoever relevant:
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: