Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Real Truth of Life

Recently, a fiend of mine (Hiromi) sent me an email titled: "Natural...without make-up & touched". Before opening it, I knew from the title that it is something about people or actors and actresses without their make-up and touching up. I was prepared to face the truth, of how they looked like when they did not apply their make-up...it wouldn't be that bad...was my first thought. Next thing, I was scrolling down, looking at the pictures of various Asian Stars in their all natural glory....

My first expression: OMG! Some of them looked like the old people selling things in the pasar malam (night market) near my place. Although, some still maintain their looks even without make-up (real natural beauty) but some...short to say, I was totally overwhelmed with horrid.
The list made up of popular female actors such as: Qi Qi, Karen Mok, S.H.E, Rainie Yang, Gigi Lai and some I forgot the name. Here's one of the more horrible transformation ones:-



Whats her name? Forgot...but gosh...she looks way old..


Jolin Tsai? Is that you? (But the left pix looks kinda "off" to me)

Some looks just a bit off:-

Karen Mok...looks the same..


Rainie Yang...still ok...


S.H.Who? Selina..ugh...Hebe...ugh...Ella still maintains

Looking at them, it does make me wonder...people we sometimes idolize, or want to be like them, public figures, do they all actually hide the truth from us? Are they actually mocking that life is never perfect or it was never even pretty. Things we thought are pretty, turns out to be quite normal...or are they telling us that, pretty things are just in fact an illusion and cannot be achieved? But, I do not know who put up or found these pictures, but the intention was clear: to defame these people....in fact, some of the pix looks "doctored".....while some looks like taken from different time frames...is it a true photo?

No comments: