Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UM Life Begins - 17th February

Started to go to Universiti Malaya (UM) here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 17th Febraury. My first location was the UM library. Afetr registering, I proceeded to floors above me. In total, the main UM building has 4 floors, each housing different articles / books / documents. had to take an elevator as I couldnt find the staircase. 1st impression = OMG! Its huge and lots and lots of space. Much much more space than the one they have in UTHM back when I was studying Degree there. The strange thing: I got lost there and I did not know where are everything.

Walked around looking for the books, and I finally had to ask the people there, but at first, still dont know where. I was standing there resting when I looked around, I finally saw the book shelves. 4-storey full of it. Had to climb up to look for my books. Bad thing is: no-air conditioning...It's really hot and stuffy up there...I was swaeting away while looking for my books. Later went to the thesis area to search for my supervisor's theis as referene. Agiain, lots of it.Lunch time came, but didnt eat anyhting as I still do not thea eating places, no proper signs for eating palces....In short, the experience was soomething really different for me compared to UTHM.

But, finally I've stepped into the place that I've always wanted to enter!
I'm really looking foward to my experience in UM!

No comments: