Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 14th Feb 2009

Its the 14th of February 2009 again, and I have yet to meet the one and only one. Actually I'm kind of sad as now I'm already 24+ years old and yet still no one to fill the empty void in my life. Makes me wonder, am I going to be staying single to my old age? Shall I ever feel a women's love? Shall I ever be feeling the warmth of a women's heart? (..sigh..i wont know what has fate planned for me..)

Well, the reason why I chose Valentine's day to be my first blog day is so that I can remember how painful today has always been. Seeing other people hand-in-hand walking in malls, eating fancy dinners at posh places, all the shopping hype and the feeling of having someone to share your life with is most strong today every year. It fills me not with envy, but with lonliness....I can only imagine walking down the long way that is called "Life" and cold winds blowing on my face while other people hand-in-hand walk past me, smiles in their face, talking happily to their soul mates and sharing every pain and joy they meet along the way...it sure makes me feel left out somehow...

At this moment, the song "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley is being sung on television. The lyrics is definitely romantic for couples...but to singles like me...it just...just makes me feel extremely lonely...Seeing my friend writing a blog to express his love for his girl has also the same effect on me...Really cant shake the feeling away....and gave me the idea for this poem:-

This long road of life,
Ahead I can see not,
The sky is dark and gloomy,
And cold winds avoid I cannot,
I trudge along wearily alone,
For the person I am supposed to meet,
Reached have I not,
This person I know not,
But reach her I hope,
Before the sand in the glass falls;

I squint my eyes to see,
Between the howling winds filled with cold air,
Only to look at warmth specks ahead and behind,
Hurry along the road I did,
Filled with hope,
To see her standing there waiting for me,
Only to find people hand-in-hand,
Walking together with full energy and vigor,
Cold they feel not,
As they cover a warm thing precious to the roads:-,
LOVE it is called,

Wondering when I can find my speck of warmth,
Lose and forget it never shall I,
For I shall preserve,
I know she some where along the road too,
Only waiting to be met,
In this cold and lonely road which a long way there is to go,
I ask myself;
Where are you? Where are you?

I really hope that this feeling would be gone next year and things would change for the better. Hopefully at this time next year, I can show this message to my loved one: "I Love You!"

No comments: