Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Qing Ming Day - 4th April

4th of April was the Qing Ming Day for the Chinese community. It was the day for them to visit the graves on their ancestors / grandparents. It was akin to the Chinese New Year for the Deceased, as it happens pnly once a year. We would go to the grave and give a cleanup and pray for them. It has been 4 years since I last went up. All this while, I was in University, 250 km away and therefore, it is not convienient for me to go back and fro in 2 days. My family assured me that my grandparents would understand my situation and forgive me for not visiting them, I sure hope they do.

Due to the height of the place, I had to strain my legs, even now, they still ache. Although stairs are provided, the height difference between each step is not standard and sometimes way beyobd the usual. Furthermore, there were no hand-railing, which makes it kind of tough to handle. Anyways, I prayed to my grandparents, hoping that they will guide my business to success, for me to find a soulmate this year and also for all the good health of my family all year round. Hope they did listen to my prayers and maybe grant me some blessings.


My GrandParents Grave in Jerantut, Pahang, Malaysia

No comments: