Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - 6th July

Yesterday, I've finished "Ghostbusters: The Video Game". Overall the game was indeed interesting with the story of a dead person wanting to take over the world with ghastly creatures, but eventually, the Ghostbusters destroyed his plans and killed his 'Destructor Form'. The gameplay experience makes the player feel that he's a part of the 'Ghostbuster' team and the game is rather close to the actual Ghostbusters cartoon in the 80's. Although, the characters in 3d do not look much alike the cartoon. I think what they're trying to do is that they want to make the characters real and not cartoonish kind of way. Upgrades of the equipment is not necessary in the game but may make your gameplay easier to handle.

The duration is one of my gripes: it's too short, I would guess about 15 hours. And the flow is a little 'rushed'. Oh, and my 8600GT 1gB DDR2 VRAM was struggling to keep it smooth (on some parts its smooth) even at all low / off settings. Well, my ratings for the game would be:-

Gameplay:- 8 / 10
Story:- 7 / 10
Graphics:- 6 / 10
Overall:- 7 / 10

No comments: