Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mid-Autumn Fest Celebration - 3rd Oct

Today is the actual day of the lantern / mooncake festival and I'm back at father's kampung (hometown village). There was a simple celebration where we had the usual foods for every festivals we had here:- fried noodles, fried vermicelli, pork cooked with black fungus, cheese cake and barbecued chicken wings. Undoubtedly the water caltropm, sweet mini yam and mooncakes were unavoidable. It was quite an  enjoyable affair with the number of people among friends of relatives came by.

This year, we had total strangers among the guests. Two girls from Holland were walking along the street where the old house is located and one of my relative invited them in to eat with us. (Sorry, I don't know their names) But anyways, we introduced them to what was happening and invited them also to eat what we were having. From their reaction, I'm sure they hadn't had a lot of Chinese food in their lives. They were going to Taman Negara (National Park) on the next day and were walking around taking pictures of the place they were at. My father's hometown is actually located near one of the main jetties to go to the Park, which I assume that the foreigners would be boarding the boat to Taman Negara the next day.

After the scrumptious feast, some continued to stay outside, while some were having a karaoke session and some were playing Mahjong. As I write thispot, I could still hear the laugther, chatter, the clacking of Mahjong tiles and also people singing karaoke.  The picture that I have here showing the karaoke session being held in the living room, one of my nieces (Name witheld to her request) is going bananas over the karaoke session. This reminds me to think, how are other people doing at the moment in this celebration of the mooncake / mid-autumn festival?

No comments: