Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Iranian Food - 25th Nov


Due to the numerous Iranian students here in University Malaya, the cafeteria at the Student Complex recently had a new addition, an Iranian food stall. And recently, I had the opportunity to try them. My first meal consist of rice with vegetables. tomato-chicken, cucumber-tomato chicken and thick soup (I'm sorry but I've not been told of the names of these dishes). I'm not really too sure about the names but it sure is a different cuisine experience altogether for me. Comparatively, Malaysian food tend to be more spicy with all the extra chili and hot-stuffs and therefore, maybe I got used to eating really really spicy and flavorful stuff that made me not able to thoroughly enjoy the food available



Anyways, the rice with vegetables was like the "Nasi Beriyani" that we have here in Malaysia which was quite nice, while the tomato-chicken was a bit bland where the taste of the tomatoes was just not there. Meanwhile, the so-called soup was not anything like the Malaysian used to eat, but was more like a porridge, which is probably a chowder, it was rather interesting as they have added lots of dried mint and spices to it. I particularly like the salad. The salad was very fragrant with hints of herbs and spices and somewhat tasted like the tomatoes and cucumbers sometimes found in Mediterranean style pizzas. It was very interesting actually to be able to taste food from Iran, but I'm sure that the food provided in the cafeteria wasn't the best that Iranian food can offer. I'm definitely looking forward to see the better Iranian cooks out there. And my enthusiasm has lead one of my Iranian friend here to send me some pictures of Iranian food.


No comments: