Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

No Original Modern Warfare for Me - 16th Nov


The latest Call of Duty Series called the Modern Warfare 2 has been recently released and a large number of reasons has prompted me to avoid getting this game original. In fact, as of, now, I'm so pissed of by the ruse created by Infinity Ward of their recent crazy behavior, I've decided not to even write a review for them. The reasons as of why I'm not supporting the company by buying original would include:

1> Features in the original game itself
  •  Lack of dedicated servers and also LAN support
[ They say that it will all be done by match-making by selecting the best server for you, in other words, totally random matching. It will also match you with people of the same skill levels. I mean, if I want to play with my friend who has a higher ping but considered playable to us, how is that possible? How bout Private Match? It's not like there can be a spectator, therefore, the host would have the greater advantage which means connections trump skill]

  • Single-Player requires Steamworks to play
[ If I'm traveling, lets say on a bus to a destination which is far away, and I might play a mission or two on my laptop, am I supposed to bring also all my Internet connection pephirals just to login into Steam? Won't it be more viable to exempt Single-Player from Steam? or Maybe, login to Steam once to authenticate the game, in which later Steam is no longer required for Single-Player. The greatest selling point of the series was the multiplayer aspect of the game (which they had ruined it now), so why so much trouble with the single-player? Furthermore, why would get Steam anyway when it delays the game for an additional day compared to people who had bought the game in DVD format?]

  • Multiplayer Issues
[ It is said that you can customize your game to your liking when you host a Private Match. Well, I personally won't mind this as I'm more of a casual gamer although theprofessional gaming community would surely blast away this issue, but the thing is that without the console, how the heck am I supposed to customize it properly to my liking, following my own rules and whatever else that tickles my fancy when the customization aspect is limited? And the thing is you can't even kick players. IW guys actually gave a subpar answer to that issue by saying that you can simply mute foul-mouthing players and the kicking part would be handled by Steam VAC. Why can't we kick manually? If the player is using hacks that are able to bypass VAC, what the heck can the other players do? Quit game and hope the player doesn't join the same game? ]


2> Bobby Kotnick and Activision
I'm not interested into delving into more issues of this guy as he's not really interested in making games but making more mone only. The reason why, I guess, that Infinity Ward is churning up this load of rubbish (MW2) is that they were being pushed by Activision, their publishers. Bob here wants to make loads of money and tehrefore, any game that does not have much sequel potential is being shelved. And the fact that we have to pay USD$60 for a substandard game is also his decision. Bob here did mention before: "If it was up to me, I would've raised it to USD$100". This guy has no idea on gaming and isn't even gamer. Sometimes, you ever wonder why Starcraft 3 has an additional 2-sequels? Activision decided that this would help them make even more money as they know that gamers would gladly lap up all the crap they throw.

With this, Teknogods HERE have my full support! Go Teknogods!

No comments: