Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yoroi - 18th August

Recently, I went snooping around Lelong.com to do some 'computer screen' shopping aka 'window shopping' to see things around that are for sale and I found this:-



It is a replica Japanese yoroi armor at 5 in. tall. and sold at the price of RM60.00.
At first I wanted to buy it, but later I decided not as my current economic situation is not very fair therefore, the urge was abandoned. But my fascination with yoroi armor has never ceased before and I hope to own a full set and size yoroi armor. Heck, if I do have all the money I could spent, my house would contain a gallery of medieval armor of all sorts of sources, japanese, chinese, the midieval english armor, and maybe the spanish armor. ( Anyone can suggest any nice armors out there that are full plating? )

Anyways, according to wiki, yoroi literally translates to 'great armor'. And here I have some pictures of actual yoroi armor found on the Internet. (drools...). I think my fascination with them is due to the 'cool' samurai factor, influenced by watching animes and dramas on samurai. The armor itself also tend to strike fear into people looking at it and the armor looks so complex and complicated!





This reminds me of various Kitaro songs where the battle horn is sounded. To Battle!

No comments: